- Category: Legal
- Published: Wednesday, 17 May 2017 07:28
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1301
At Nomura Asset Management Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. / Nomura Islamic Asset Management Sdn. Bhd. (hereinafter referred to as “Nomura”, “our”, “us” or “we”), we view your personal data and privacy seriously and we are committed to ensure that your personal data and privacy is protected.
As a data user, Nomura is subject to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. To ensure protection of your personal data and privacy and our compliance with the PDPA, we have issued this notice on personal data and privacy (“Personal Data & Privacy Notice”) which serves to inform you the types of personal data that we may collect and process, the purposes for which such personal data are being collected and processed, and to whom and the circumstances in which we may share such data.
Please note that we have the right to update this Personal Data & Privacy Notice at any time without further notice and the updated Personal Data & Privacy Notice shall be available at our website. By communicating or interacting with us, using our services and/or products or entering into any business or contractual relations with Nomura and continuing to do so, you consent to the collection, processing and storing of the Personal Data by and on behalf of Nomura in the manner as stated in this Personal Data & Privacy Notice and any amendments or modifications made thereto.
- Collection and Processing of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” refers to any personal information which may include your name, national registration identity card number (NRIC no.), passport number, contact number, address, occupation, email address, bank account details and any other details that you have provided or may provide us with in the documentation that you have or have authorised to be provided to us, all application/registration forms that you have been asked to complete together with any other information that we may obtain about you from oral or written communications with you.
- In addition, we may obtain your Personal Data from other sources including, without limitation, (i) third parties such as your authorised representatives, your financial adviser, your agent or your bank, (ii) any events, conferences or seminars organised, attended or participated by Nomura, (iii) information about you that is available in the public domain, and/or (iv) cookies used on our website.
- Any Personal Data collected by us will be retained by us for the duration permitted or required under the laws of Malaysia, which may extend to periods after termination of any contractual relationship between you and Nomura.
- It is obligatory for you to provide us with the Personal Data requested by us unless we confirm otherwise. If you fail to supply your Personal Data as per our request or withdraw or limit the use of your Personal Data, we may not be able to (i) provide you the services/products or information on our services/products as you require, (ii) consider any of your application with us, (iii) provide you with access to certain sections of our website, or (iv) process your Personal Data for any of the Purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 in this Notice.
- Purposes for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
- Nomura may collect and process your Personal Data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- to communicate with you and to respond to any of your enquiries or comments;
- to assess and process any application form by you or concerning you;
- to perform your contract and such other contracts as you may have entered with us or which your employer or principal may have entered with us;
- to provide you with our services/products as requested by you including, without limitation, management of your investment and for facilitating daily operational processes;
- to issue you with documentation relevant to any contract between you and Nomura;
- to manage and administer our records;
- to facilitate or enable any checks that we may conduct or conducted by any third party on you from time to time;
- to assist any government agencies or bureaus or bodies including, without limitation, for the purposes of police or regulatory investigations;
- to facilitate your compliance with any laws or regulations applicable to you;
- to conduct our research, internal activities, internal market survey, internal database and trend analysis;
- to comply with any laws or regulations applicable to Nomura and its business;
- to provide you with information on any of our products, services, conferences or seminars; or
- such other purposes as may be related, incidental or ancillary to the foregoing.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- For the Purposes as set out in Paragraph 2 above, Nomura may share your Personal Data to the following parties:
- any Nomura offices or branches and/or subsidiaries or related companies of Nomura and/or of Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd.;
- any person or entity acting as our agent, contractor, service provider, and professional adviser;
- any third party broker firms or banks which offer dealing in securities services and any other third party assisting us or performs functions on Nomura’s behalf in the course of our business with you or facilitating us in the provision of our services and/or products to you;
- all governmental and/or quasi-governmental departments or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies including, without limitation, Securities Commission Malaysia, Bank Negara Malaysia and Bursa Malaysia;
- any person or entity to whom Nomura is under an obligation, required or expected to make disclosure for the purposes of any guidelines or regulations issued by regulatory or other authorities;
- our auditors, banks, valuers, lawyers, insurers, and business partners; and
- any other third party that you have requested or authorised us to disclose your Personal Data to for the above Purposes or for any other purposes for which your Personal Data is to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purposes directly related to any of the above Purposes.
- Transfer of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to places outside Malaysia.
- Personal Data of Non-Customer Individuals
- Aside from customers, this Notice shall also apply (as the context require) in relation to the usage, processing and disclosure of the Personal Data of any other individual who is not a customer of Nomura but whose data is required to be collected by Nomura by reason of, or incidental to, the provision of any services/products by Nomura to its customers, whether the customer concerned is another individual(s) or is a company, business entity or organisation. In this regard, the customer confirms and warrants that the customer has obtained the consent of such individuals to the provision of such Personal Data to Nomura for the foregoing purposes and for disclosure to such parties as stipulated in paragraph 3 above.
- Right to Access and Correct Personal Data
- You may access and request for the correction of your Personal Data, to limit the processing of your Personal Data, or make any enquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data, by contacting the following personnel:
Nomura Asset Management Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Nomura Islamic Asset Management Sdn Bhd
- In accordance with the PDPA, we have the right to charge a fee for the processing of any data access request. We may also refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your Personal Data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such Personal Data is kept up-to-date.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing, advertisement, or promotional materials from us, you have the right to request that we stop contacting you or sending you such materials. Such request can be made via email to the contact personnel named above.
- Nothing in this Personal Data & Privacy Notice shall limit your rights or the rights of Nomura under the PDPA.
- In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this Personal Data & Privacy Notice, the English version shall prevail over the Bahasa Malaysia version.